Thursday, January 25, 2007

it's a meme

I got this high school meme from my best friend Heather. (Who won't believe I actually did a meme.)

You know I can't answer anything straightforwardly...


Fill this out about your YEARS of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be.

Who was your best friend?
I had friends. But mostly I seemed to just gravitate on the edge of other people's circles. Kind of like the school mascot.

What kind of car did you drive?
I think it was a Schwinn.

It’s Friday night, where were you?
At the football game. Or, reading in my room.

Were you a party animal?
No, that came later.

Were you considered a flirt?
Are you kidding? I wasn’t even considered a female.

Ever skip school?
Yes.

Were you a nerd?
Yes.

Did you get suspended/expelled?
No.

Can you sing the fight song?
Sure. Da-da-da-DAH-DAH, Da-da-da-DAH-DAH, Da-da-da-DAH, DAH, DAH, DAH, DAH….

Who was your favorite teacher?
I liked them all, and even more importantly, they seemed to like me, which no doubt aided the dynamic somewhat.

Favorite class?
Truthfully? I enjoyed all of them. Yearbook, art, gifted English, chemistry, history, medieval tortures, 20th Century Dictators....

What was your school’s full name?
Charles Manson School of Charm.

School mascot?
A buzzard.

Did you go to Prom?
Yes. Alone.

If you could go back and do it over, would you?
I‘m not sure.

What do you remember most about graduation?
That my homemade tassel broke right before we started the march onto the grounds and the boy in front of me made fun of me for being so poor. Good times.

Who was your high school sweetheart?
I didn’t have one. That is, I did, but he wasn't at all aware of our engagement, so I'm not sure it really counts.

Where were you on senior skip day?
I saw “Secret of My Success” at the mall with my sister. The principal called before we left, checking up on me, and we assumed false voices and said Sharon is missing school today because she’s having a really heavy period. He backed off from it immediately, as expected, and then we went off merrily to watch another really bad Michael J. Fox movie.

Did you have a job your Senior year?
I worked for my dad at the roller rink. I got to chalk down the wooden floors so people wouldn't fall and kill themselves. Sometimes it was a temptation not to.

Where did you go most often for lunch?
Into the bowels of hell. The food is good but the atmosphere is a bit stifling.

Have you gained weight since then?
To a most transformative degree.

What did you do after graduation?
Oh, I just haven’t got the strength. Really.

When did you graduate?
1987.

Who was your Senior prom date?
A six-foot invisible rabbit named Harvey. Only male I met who didn't mind dancing in public.

Are you going to your 10yr class reunion?
I went. I served the beer.
No, I didn't.

Who was your home room teacher?
The typing teacher. Her name was Qwerty. Every desk had a typewriter on it. Something to hold my head up on in the mornings.

Who will repost this after you?
No one. It’s all lies. I was really home schooled in Greenland. And if I wasn't, maybe I should have been.

Proof we get better as we get older:

















*shudder*